4 Nos - Fish : Sardines/Mackarels/Pomfrets
25 Nos - Dry Red Chillies
10 Nos - Pepper Corns
1/2 Tsp - Methi seeds
1 Tsp - Tamarind
2 Tsp - Full Coriander
5 Nos - Garlic
1 Tsp - Jeera
4 Tbsp - Grated Coconut
1 inch - Ginger (grated / fine chopped)
1/2 Tsp - Turmeric powder
1 No - Onion (fine chopped )
3 Nos - Green chillies
1 No - Lime
Salt to taste
Cooking Instructions :
- Cut and clean the 4 medium sized fish smear with salt to drain excess moisture
- Heat oil in pan, saute the red chillies, add coriander, pepper corns, methi and keep aside.
- Make a paste of fried chillies, roasted pepper, methi, coriander, jeera, garlic, coconut, tamarind and the turmeric powder
- Heat some oil add the chopped onions, green chillies, ginger and saute till brown.
- Add the paste and saute
- Rinse the fish in water to get the salt off and add that too.
- Add some salt, keep it covered and stir occasionally.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 mins, mind not to cook the fish excessively
- Add lemon juice as a topping and serve with rice