2 Cups - Black gram dhal (Urad dhal)
4 Cups - Raw rice
Salt to taste
Cooking Instructions :
- Soak Rice and black gram dhal (Uradh dhal) separately for 5-6 hours.
- Grind Black gram dhal finely.
- Grind rice to a fine paste.
- Mix both black gram dhal and rice paste.
- Add salt.
- Keep overnight for fermenting.
- Khottes will be normally available in the market especially during festivals like 'Krishna Ashtami' and 'Ganesh Chaturti'. If not it can prepared by fixing together four leaves of jackfruit tree from edge to edge.
- Fill these kottes with fermented batter and steam.