2 cups - Maida
1½ tbsp - Besan (bengal gram flour)
4 Nos - Green chillies
1 tsp - Baking soda
1 No - small piece ginger
1½ tsp - Sugar
½ cup - Buttermilk
½ cup - Water
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
Cooking Instructions :
- Combine together the maida, besan,baking soda, sugar and salt using the buttermilk and water.
- The consistency of the batter should be in between thin and too thick.(dropping consistency)
- Set aside the batter for about 1-2 hrs.
- Add green chillies and ginger and mix well.
- Bring the cooking oil to smoking point.
- Drop 1 tsp of the batter into the hot oil and deep fry till crispy and golden brown.
- Repeat for the rest of the batter.
- Serve when hot with spicy chutney.